April First

I got to go grocery shopping yesterday! I made a trip out of it and went to Winco in Layton which is like 15 minutes from my house. It's always risky to take a drive with an infant, but it went really well. I'm so excited for what I'm making! Mushroom soup, homemade potstickers, calamari stir-fry, poblanos and queso tacos, tri-tip steak with asparagus and potatoes, and a tofu noodle soup-ish dish! I'm so excited! I love cooking and felt very inspired at the store. 
Stephen asked me on a date so I found a babysitter for my baby. We dropped her off at my grandma's then headed to my favorite all you can eat sushi place... but they had a long wait so we hopped over to Red Lobster. I got this massive plate of lobster linguini with this divine creamy lobster sauce. Delish! 
Sometimes I forget how much I love my husband and then we go out and intentionally show each other affection and I see him with new eyes. If there was 1 piece of advice I could give a couple it would be to show intentional affection. Purposely buy them flowers, make their favorite treat, put their clean clothes away, say I love you, touch them. Doing those things is great; intentionally doing them, and doing them frequently, is even better. 
After picking up our darling daughter we watched Star Trek: The Next Generation. Yup, I'm a trekkie and my husband is a total nerd about it! Plus it's just good, wholesome entertainment.
Stephen went to bed about 11, Everest went to bed about 12, and I fell asleep pretty quickly after. Baby girl only woke up once last night and Stephen fed her with some of our stored breastmilk. Do you know what that means?! I slept a straight 7 hours!!! It was glorious. All day I have been praising God and singing hallelujah because I'm so grateful I got so much sleep! I can't even tell you how much this sleep means to me, especially after the last time I wrote (I fell asleep at 6am that time and got 2 hours of sleep). So, SO grateful!
I'm all sunshine and rainbows today because I slept so well. I hope each of you gets a good night's sleep tonight!

Comments